I was tagged for this meme or hop by my very good Weekend Writing Warrior friend Charmaine J Gordon!
I thought, with a new science fiction romance coming out in August, I’d like to participate and without further ado, here are the seven questions with my answers.
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
The character I’m going to talk about is Princess Shalira, from the planet Mahjundar, so entirely fictional.
2) When and where is the story set?
The events in this novel occur in the far future, out in the greater galaxy, where a civilization known as the Sectors sprawls across the star systems. The citizens of this loosely organized stellar nation are humans, people of human descent and alien beings. So far all of my science fiction romances have taken place within this structure.
3) What should we know about him/her?
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
5) What is the personal goal of the character?
Questions 3, 4 and 5 can be answered by the book’s blurb so here goes with the relevant information:
An attempted assassination left Princess Shalira blind as a child and, now that she’s of marriageable age, her prospects are not good because of her disability. She’s resigned herself to an arranged marriage rather than face life under the thumb of her cold stepmother. But then she meets Mike Varone, a Sectors Special Forces officer sent to Mahjundar by the intergalactic government to retrieve a ship lost in her planet’s mountains. After Mike saves Shalira from another assassination attempt, she arranges for him to escort her across the planet to her future husband. She’s already falling hard for the deadly offworlder and knows she should deny herself the temptation he represents, but taking Mike along to protect her is the only way she’ll live long enough to escape her ruthless stepmother.
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? I’m kinda basic with my book titles so this is Mission to Mahjundar, which is the name of the planet where all the action takes place. There’s more to the blurb on the book’s page on my blog
7) When can we expect the book to be published?
The manuscript just emerged from copy edits and needs one more high level editing pass, plus formatting, so probably another 2-3 weeks, which is just a little bit behind my self-imposed schedule. But I want it to be perfect!
I put out a call to several of the loops I’m on for other authors to tag and this meme seemed to appeal to a lot of people so I’m tagging seven friends. They’ll put their Character posts up a week from today, on their own blogs so I hope you’ll visit them then!