Veronica: I’m very pleased to have Cara Bristol as my guest today, celebrating the eagerly anticipated release of her newest book MATED WITH A CYBORG, the second book in this terrific series. Take it away, Cara!
CB: One of the things I’ve been asked about Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance series is why I chose to write about cyborgs. Why not aliens? Why not androids? Here are six reasons:
- Cyborgs are human—modified and enhanced—but human. If you find it hard to fall for a six-eyed, blue-skinned tentacle man, you’ll appreciate the humanness and compatibility of a cyborg.
- They’re smart. Not only do they have human intelligence, but they have computer enhancements which give them all sorts of special “mental” abilities.
- They have the brawn too! Nanocytes (robotic cells) have enhanced their physique and physical performance. They are stronger and faster than normal males.
- They are true heroes. In my Cy-Ops Sci-fi Romance series they’re fighting against terrorism in the galaxy.
- They’re loyal, and when they fall in love, they’ll do anything for the heroine.
- A cybernetic organism is possible and plausible. Although the technology isn’t advanced enough now, it’s likely that in the not-so-distant future computer brain implants and natural-looking prosthetic parts will be developed. So the concept isn’t far-fetched. As for aliens? It’s possible extraterrestrials exist, but if were to meet them, chances are it won’t end well.
The story: Kai Andros’s orders were simple. Get in. Gather the intel on the terrorist organization. Get out. Then he met her. Mariska. Beautiful. Innocent. Ignorant of her father’s atrocities. And marked for death. His orders said nothing about saving her. But he did. He went off-mission.
Can a rogue cyborg outrun both Cyber Operations and the terrorists to save the woman he loves?
Mated with the Cyborg is an action-packed erotic sci-fi romance between a man with a mission and a woman with a secret that jeopardizes their lives and the fate of the galaxy.
Multi-published, Cara Bristol is the author of more than 24 erotic romance titles. She writes science fiction, contemporary, and paranormal erotic romance. No matter what the subgenre, one thing remains constant: her emphasis on character-driven seriously hot erotic stories with sizzling chemistry between the hero and heroine. Cara has lived many places in the United States, but currently lives in Missouri with her husband. She has two grown stepkids. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading and traveling.